
Yesterday, my mom and stepdad had Cade and Cailynn for the day. The kids enjoyed it and mommy enjoyed having only one baby in the house- I got a LOT done!!
When my mom returned with the kids before dinner time, she told me about a discussion that she and Cade had. It made me so proud of my little Cader-tot and I wanted to share it with you.
Apparently, my mom must have snapped at my stepdad. Soon after that, my mom and Cade went upstairs to play and this is what was said
Cade: "Gramma, you just got a little mad at Papa"
My Mom: "yes, sometimes, I get a little mad at Papa and sometimes, Papa gets a little mad at me. Married people get mad at each other sometimes"
Cade: (after a pause) "When my mom and dad get mad, we pray about it"
I was so proud of him for saying that! And while, its not entirely true- if Zach and I get mad at each other, we try not to do it in front of the kids and if we do snap in front of the kids, we really don't discuss it with the kids. But what I think he was talking about was when Cade has had a bad day (meaning, mom was having a bad day too) we sit down and pray with Cade that God would help him be better the next day. I know that his Sunday school classes at church and Community Bible Study have laid a great foundation for Cade and Cailynn. I pray everyday that God will continue to bless them and bring positive, uplifting people and situations into their lives everyday.




3 comments:
What a precious little boy you have Ashley!
So sweet, Ashley!
I am crying!! That is SOOO sweet, Ashley. I can't wait to meet your babies. They obviously have wonderful examples.
(I love that you call him Cader-tot!!)
Post a Comment